How to Enjoy Your Whitefish Vacation When Mother Nature Has Other Plans
Whitefish is surrounded by beautiful outdoor landscapes ready to be explored. At most times of the year, our weather is very pleasant! But every so often, Mother Nature has other plans. Whether due to rain, wildfire, smoke, or other extreme weather conditions, sometimes you need to head indoors. Lucky for you, Whitefish is full of fun alternative activities when outdoor activities are postponed.
There are lots of indoor options if you still want to get your workout in.
- Delia Pilates has private and group classes for Pilates lovers and mindful movers.
- The Wave Aquatic and Fitness Center has multiple pools, racquetball courts, gymnasium, exercise equipment, dance studio, yoga studio and more.
- There are daily yoga classes at Shanti Yoga Studio.
- Practice that triple axel at Stumptown Ice Den, Montana's only year-round indoor public skating rink.
Sample some Local Brews, Wine and Spirits
Whitefish has some great local producers of craft beer and spirits.
- Spotted Bear Spirits is a community-minded craft distillery producing vodka, house-made liqueurs, agave spirits and cellos. Stop by to sample a craft cocktail.
- Bonsai Brewing Project serves up a variety of brews skillfully created on site.
- Unleashed: a Winery is a friendly neighborhood tasting room offering locally crafted wines.
- Big Sky Brews Cruise offers guided educational tours through the Flathead Valley's award-winning craft beer scene.
Grab Some Fresh-Made Sweets & Treats
Whitefish is packed with culinary artists creating delights for your taste buds. Here are a few options perfect for gifts or for yourself!
- Fleur Bake Shop creates incredible French-style pastries and specialty cakes. Don’t miss their macrons!
- Montana Coffee Traders keeps Whitefish caffeinated and is the perfect spot to grab a cup of coffee and a snack, even if it isn’t morning!
- Sweet Peaks serves up homemade ice cream, sorbet and yogurt. Their huckleberry ice cream will make anyone smile.
- Loula's Café – No trip to Whitefish is complete without a slice of pie from Loula’s Café. They’re pretty popular – they bake 3000-4000 pies from scratch each year!
- In addition to their delicious breakfast and lunch menu, Swift Creek Cafe bakes up homemade breads, treats and even doughnuts!
Catch up on local reading in the Whitefish Community Library
Get to know Whitefish more at the Stumptown Historical Society museum located in the Whitefish Train Depot.