Whitefish is a hub for bicycle touring, as it is located on three Adventure Cycling routes: Northern Tier, Great Parks North, and Great Divide Mountain Bike Route. Miles and miles of scenic country roads allow for a great road bike experience leaving straight from town.
Helpful bike shops, numerous options for lodging, fantastic food, and lots and lots of beer and coffee make Whitefish a great destination or stop over on a cycling tour.
A few favorite local road rides:
- Farm-to-Market Road
- Edgewood Dr to Tamarak Ln to the North Fork
- East Lakeshore Drive along the East side of Whitefish Lake
- Big Mountain Road
Important links and information to help plan your bike trip:
- Adventure Cycling http://www.adventurecycling.org/
- Cycling in Glacier National Park: http://www.nps.gov/glac/planyourvisit/goingtothesunroad.htm
- General information from the MT Department of Transportation: http://www.mdt.mt.gov/travinfo/bikeped/bikes/default.shtml
- Montana Bicycling Laws: http://www.bikewalkmontana.org/resources/montana-bicycle-laws/
- Construction Updates on State and Federal highways: http://www.mdt.mt.gov/travinfo/construction.shtml
- Montana Department of Transportation Mobile Travel Info http://roadreport.mdt.mt.gov/travinfomobile/
- Whitefish Tours & Shuttle - guided trips and shuttles to Glacier National Park and surrounding areas. https://whitefishshuttle.com/