Whitefish COVID Cares
Whitefish, Montana has always extended a heartfelt welcome to our guests. We all love this town and we want to keep it safe. But that can only happen if we all work together. In these challenging times, we ask our community and visitors to be a “Friend of the Fish” to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Please join us in these efforts and encourage individual responsibility as we work hard together to keep us all healthy, and to keep our doors open and our businesses thriving.
You can help be a “Friend Of The Fish” in these ways:
1. CLEAN - Make extra efforts in hand washing and sanitizing. Practice consistent stanitizing before and after entering public spaces.
2. CAREFUL - Mask up and practice 6-feet physical distancing in all public spaces, check your temperature daily and get tested if you are sick.
3. CONNECTED - Spread the word by posting about "Friend Of The Fish" on your own social media, encourage your friends and neighbors to sign up, and stay informed at WhitefishCovidCares.com
Thank you for keeping our community safe and resilient. And for showing respect for our fragile town.
FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED IN MONTANA
Here are the latest Montana state directives, and what you need to know for traveling to and visiting Whitefish.
- Masks are REQUIRED to be worn in all indoor spaces open to the public.
- Masks are REQUIRED to be worn for outdoor activities where social distancing is not possible or is not observed.
On January 13, 2021, Governor Gianforte issued Directive 2-2021 that repeals previously issued directives and is effective January 15, 2021, at 5 a.m.
- The new statewide Directive repeals the limits on capacity and hours of operations for bars, restaurants, breweries, distilleries, and casinos. However, all businesses should continue to follow industry best practices and federal, state, and local regulations and guidance such as social distancing and sanitation protocols.
- Gatherings are no longer limited to 25 individuals but should be managed to follow CDC social distancing guidelines.
The Directive continues to maintain the statewide mask mandate. A face covering must always be worn while in indoor spaces open to the public and when social distancing is not possible or not observed during any organized outdoor activity. There are certain exemptions that are listed in the Directive.
With the continuance of a statewide mask mandate, City of Whitefish Emergency Ordinance 21-01, that requires the use of face covering is not in effect. Should the statewide mask mandate be lifted in the future, Emergency Ordinance 21-01 will immediately go into effect for 90 days.
We’re asking local citizens, business owners, and visitors to be a Friend of The Fish.
Take the pledge and commit to slowing the spread of COVID-19. Individuals will be entered into a drawing to win prizes each week.
In response to the health crisis occurring in Montana, faith leaders across the state are signing onto a pledge to prioritize remote worship and activities within their faith communities. Faith Leaders Can Sign Onto Montana Interfaith COVID Safety Pledge
BUSINESSES THAT HAVE TAKEN THE PLEDGE
Bailey's Bed 'n Bale, Bruce Boody Landscape Architect Inc., Bulldog Saloon & Grill, Duck Inn Lodge, Explore Whitefish (Whitefish Convention and Visitors Bureau), Garden Wall Inn, Glacier Medical Associates, HandWorks, Kandahar Lodge, LJ Communications, Inc., Merrill Lynch, Nelson's Ace Hardware, PTA Physical Therapy, Stumptown Art Studio, Stumptown Snowboards, Wasabi Sushi Bar and The Flat, Whitefish Pottery, Whitefish Quilts and Gifts, Whitefish Review
The total number of confirmed COVID cases in Flathead County and other parts of Montana can be found here.
Testing information is available from North Valley Hospital/Kalispell Regional Medical Center. More info can be found here
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
Information on COVID-19 vaccine distribution from the Flathead County Health Department can be found here.
COVID-19 Face Coverings Compliant Form
If you believe a Whitefish City business is not following the City's COVID-19 Mandatory Face Coverings Ordinance, please complete this form.
Frequently Asked Questions for Visitors
The City of Whitefish
North Valley Hospital / Kalispell Regional Medical Center
Flathead County Health Department
Flathead County COVID-19 Map
Glacier National Park
Whitefish Mountain Resort
Whitefish Mountain Resort: Commitment to Respect Video Series
Whitefish Covid Cares: Be A Friend Of The Fish Video Series
COVID Care Kit Downloadable Signage
- Face Coverings Required Signage (pdf)
- Face Coverings Required Signage (jpg)
- Prevent The Spread CCC Signage (pdf)
- Prevent The Spread CCC Signage (jpg)
- We Are In This Together Mask Signage (pdf)
- We Are In This Together Mask Signage (jpg)
- Protect Our Employees Mask Signage (pdf)
- Protect Our Employees Mask Signage (jpg)
- #MaskUpMT Signage from the State of Montana
Montana Aware Campaign
- Safety First, Adventure Second (8.5x11) (pdf)
- Safety First, Adventure Second (8.5x11) (jpg)
- Safety First, Adventure Second (11x17) (pdf)
- Safety First, Adventure Second (11x17) (jpg)