Whitefish COVID Cares
Whitefish, Montana has always extended a heartfelt welcome to our guests. We all love this town and we want to keep it safe. But that can only happen if we all work together. In these challenging times, we ask our community and visitors to be a “Friend of the Fish” to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Please join us in these efforts and encourage individual responsibility as we work hard together to keep us all healthy, and to keep our doors open and our businesses thriving.
You can help be a “Friend Of The Fish” in these ways:
1. CLEAN - Make extra efforts in hand washing and sanitizing. Practice consistent stanitizing before and after entering public spaces.
2. CAREFUL - Mask up and practice 6-feet physical distancing in all public spaces, check your temperature daily and get tested if you are sick.
3. CONNECTED - Spread the word by posting about "Friend Of The Fish" on your own social media, encourage your friends and neighbors to sign up, and stay informed at WhitefishCovidCares.com
Thank you for keeping our community safe and resilient. And for showing respect for our fragile town.
FACE MASKS ARE RECOMMENDED IN WHITEFISH
While the City has lost its ability to regulate face covering usage due to the signing of HB 257, businesses should know that they still reserve the right to require face coverings. The City of Whitefish strongly encourages businesses to continue to require face coverings to protect employees and patrons in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Resources are available for business owners such as city branded signs asking patrons to wear a mask.
SAFETY PROTOCOLS: WHITEFISH MOUNTAIN RESORT & GLACIER NATIONAL PARK
Whitefish Mountain Resort opens for the summer season on May 29th and will be following CDC guidelines for safety protocols.
More information on additional steps Whitefish Mountain Resort is taking to keep residents, visitors and employees safe can be found here.
We’re asking local citizens, business owners, and visitors to be a Friend of The Fish.
Take the pledge and commit to slowing the spread of COVID-19. Individuals will be entered into a drawing to win prizes each week.
In response to the health crisis occurring in Montana, faith leaders across the state are signing onto a pledge to prioritize remote worship and activities within their faith communities. Faith Leaders Can Sign Onto Montana Interfaith COVID Safety Pledge
BUSINESSES THAT HAVE TAKEN THE PLEDGE
Bailey's Bed 'n Bale, Bruce Boody Landscape Architect Inc., Bulldog Saloon & Grill, Duck Inn Lodge, Explore Whitefish (Whitefish Convention and Visitors Bureau), Garden Wall Inn, Glacier Medical Associates, HandWorks, Kandahar Lodge, LJ Communications, Inc., Merrill Lynch, Nelson's Ace Hardware, PTA Physical Therapy, Stumptown Art Studio, Stumptown Snowboards, Wasabi Sushi Bar and The Flat, Whitefish Pottery, Whitefish Quilts and Gifts, Whitefish Review
The total number of confirmed COVID cases in Flathead County and other parts of Montana can be found here.
Testing information is available from North Valley Hospital/Kalispell Regional Medical Center. More info can be found here
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
Information on COVID-19 vaccine distribution from the Flathead County Health Department can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions for Visitors
The City of Whitefish
North Valley Hospital / Kalispell Regional Medical Center
Flathead County Health Department
Flathead County COVID-19 Map
Glacier National Park
Whitefish Mountain Resort
Whitefish Mountain Resort: Commitment to Respect Video Series
Whitefish Covid Cares: Be A Friend Of The Fish Video Series
COVID Care Kit Downloadable Signage
- NEW Wear A Mask Posters Summer 2021 (pdf)
- We Are In This Together Mask Signage (pdf)
- We Are In This Together Mask Signage (jpg)
- Prevent The Spread CCC Signage (pdf)
- Prevent The Spread CCC Signage (jpg)
- Protect Our Employees Mask Signage (pdf)
- Protect Our Employees Mask Signage (jpg)
- #MaskUpMT Signage from the State of Montana
Montana Aware Campaign
- Safety First, Adventure Second (8.5x11) (pdf)
- Safety First, Adventure Second (8.5x11) (jpg)
- Safety First, Adventure Second (11x17) (pdf)
- Safety First, Adventure Second (11x17) (jpg)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Local Services and Attractions
- Covid-19 Testing Information
- De-escalation Training Video (Courtesy of FVCC Continuing Education - Acces Passcode: H9+v!53t)
- Be a Friend of The Fish Summer Buisness Resources
- National Park Service Safety and Social Distancing Graphics