Festival Amadeus 2018
Price or Fee
Established in 2008, Festival Amadeus is Montana’s only week-long summer classical music festival. Centered in the scenic resort town of Whitefish – only a short drive from the natural splendor of Glacier National Park – the Festival centers on the music of Mozart and other classical era composers.
Each year an engaging lineup of highly acclaimed musicians perform with the Festival Amadeus Orchestra and in more intimate chamber concerts. With a host of special educational events and receptions, Festival Amadeus has become an important week-long event and annual destination for music lovers old and new.
The Festival Amadeus Orchestra is a classical chamber orchestra comprised of select musicians from the Glacier Symphony with invited musicians from Montana and the northwest region.
Festival Amadeus is a weeklong celebration of classical music held annually each August in the quaint mountain town of Whitefish, near Glacier National Park. This year the festival will be Aug. 7-12, 2018. A host of distinguished guest soloists and the Festival Amadeus Orchestra perform seven nights of chamber and orchestra concerts in the Whitefish Performing Arts Center. These concerts will feature several guest musicians from the Whitefish event.
Glacier Symphony and Chorale produces Festival Amadeus under the music direction of John Zoltek. Special guest musicians will be joined in performances by the elite musicians of the Festival Amadeus Orchestra under the baton of maestro Zoltek.
Festival Amadeus tickets available online or by calling Glacier Symphony Box Office at 406 407-7000
Festival Amadeus Orchestra concerts are performed in the Whitefish Performing Arts Center located at 600 2nd Street East, Whitefish, MT.
Festival Amadeus Chamber concerts are performed at the O’Shaughnessy Center, located at 1 Central Ave., Whitefish.
- Monday, August 6th - Amadeus Reception, “Meet the Soloists”
- Tuesday, August 7th - Summer Pastoral, Orchestra Opening Night 1 at the Whitefish Performing Arts Center
- Wednesday, August 8th - Invoke in Concert “Americana”, Chamber Cabaret 1 at the O’Shaughnessy Center
- Thursday, August 9th - The Soldier’s Tale, Chamber Cabaret 2 at the O’Shaughnessy Center
- Friday, August 10th - Power Trio – Fain, Segev, Goldstein Chamber Cabaret 3 at the O’Shaughnessy Center
- Saturday, August 11th - Mozart & the Miracle, Orchestra Night 2 Whitefish Performing Arts Center
- Sunday, August 12th - Heroic finale, Orchestra Night Finale Whitefish Performing Arts Center